Featured Not resolved

I visited the MedExpress clinic in North Port, FL in late December of 2016 with a severe sore throat.I was examined and told the doctor that there were no other cold or flu symptoms and specifically asked her to examine my tonsils.

She looked into my mouth very briefly, and said that my tonsils looked fine. She told me to gargle with salt water and gave me a prescription for nose spray and sent me on my way. Gargling with salt water made my throat feel worse but continued this as I was told to do it by a doctor. This was on a Friday, over the weekend my throat got progressively worse to the point where I could not swallow, eat or sleep.

I went to an ear nose and throat specialist on the following Monday. Within a minute after looking into my mouth he said there was an abscess on my tonsils and needed to be removed. Within several minutes he removed the abscess. There is no doubt in my mind that the doctor at MedExpress was at best negligent in my examination and caused me to be in severe pain for 3 additional days.

I was also told that if the abscess ruptured I could have become severely ill. My partner and I have contacted MedExpress numerous times and always had to follow up as they never updated us as to our complaint when they said they would.

I now believe that they are attempting to cover up this incident.MedExpress is nothing more than a medical warehouse with the goal of moving patients in and out as fast as possible so they can bill more, rather than provide a service to the community.

Review about: Med Express Medical Examination.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Reimbursement for removal of the abscess and tonsils ($2,536).

I didn't like: Lack of knowledge and or dedication of the doctor and nurse, Coverup by the management when trying to get action taken.

Had an Experience with Med Express?

Comments